Sunday 10 August 2014

About this blog

Growing up in Mexico I read American comic stripes featuring kids in a lemonade stand, which seemed like very little work and a lot of fun. When I moved to Canada and my kids were born, I pictured them selling lemonade every summer: beautiful, happy boys having fun and learning the value of work. It seemed like a milestone in their childhood. 

Little did I know, lemonade stands are a lot of work (specially for parents) and sometimes you don't see the rewards right away. They are a good analogy of parenthood: It is not all perfect like the images you see in the comic stripes, sometimes is not all fun; but it is totally worth it when you see your kids' excitement.

So, the summer my kids were 7 and 3 years old we set up our stand and 
thus, the chronicles of a lemonade stand began.

No comments:

Post a Comment